So I generally just sit and listen. I've become an observer. I become critical of myself, because of the vocabulary I don't know, or the topics I'm not familiar with and I just listen. Actions Speak Louder than Words.
I can only handle my family in small doses. When planning a family vacation, I just want to run away. This past winter, I spent a whole month with my family, and wanted to kill myself. I told myself I would never do that again. Today my brother Andy and Tara, his girlfriend; had to leave for Chico and my mom brought up Christmas plans. So Tara brought up that her dad rented a house for the entire winter up in Tahoe, CA, and when would we like to go up? Considering my last run in with winter and the snow, I was not thrilled to go. Then for Christmas? forget about it!?! Even having breakfast with them for an hour and a half has put me in a funk, enough to write this. I told them if it was for a week, I wouldn't not go. For two days, I was good to go. They just don't understand. Then they persisted to ask me where I wanted to go? I told them they didn't want to know. (Because, it's not where I go, it's who I'm with). In the mountains in the cold, I can't escape. In the sea, I can escape anytime I want, I need my time away from them, and I need a lot of it per day if I'm trapped in a certain location with them. I think I'm gunna call Andy and Tara and explain.

No comments:
Post a Comment